Monday, December 3, 2012

Fulin's Asian Cuisine Cleveland, TN

Fulin's Asian Cuisine  Cleveland, TN

     I was so disappointed in this restaurant.  The adds in which I have seen for it have advertised it as a Japanese steak house, but that couldn't be further from the truth.  It was way overpriced and they served the same American Chinese food which most of the take out places around the country serve but at a much higher cost, which to me doesn't make any sense because I could have gotten better food at the take-out shop down the street.
     On entering the establishment the ambiance was a bit dark for daylight hours and the entrance looked directly at the bar.  In my eyes when you enter a restaurant and it faces the bar, to me that says we make awesome drinks.  That's ok for some but I was there for a nice dinner with my mother.
     Secondly, there were few people eating there and on a Sunday evening that's rare in Cleveland.  The wait staff was nowhere to be seen and our host said nothing about the food or to have a nice dinner which was down right rude.  Once he dropped us at a table, he turned away without a word.  Learn from this restaurants everywhere;  a host is supposed to be a bit of a greeter with a smiling face and a few things to say.
     Our waitress had obviously never been a waitress before and decided throughout the meal that she had better things to do that wait on us and she went for a chat with a friend at the host stand.  She had nothing to say about the food or what was good.  She had no knowledge of the food or whether it was good or not.  She brought salads out two minutes before the entree which is also a big no no in my book.
     The restaurant boasts that it has the best General Tso's Chicken in all of Cleveland so my mother ordered that and I ordered the Beef & Broccoli because the menu was like I said early, a take out menu, with sushi.  Her chicken was overcooked, and sauced beyond any reason and it was also very sweet.  I have had beef and broccoli from so many take out places, I didn't think there was a simpler dish to make, I was wrong.  I think the sauce had at least a cup of sugar in it and it was flat out disgusting.
     At this point I didn't think much else could go wrong.  Then during dessert, which most places can't really mess up because all they do is defrost it some awful smell started coming from the kitchen into the dining room.  This was the last straw and we decided to leave.  Rarely do I flat out not want to pay but this place was such crap that I never wanted to even think about it again, and no matter what happens I will never return there.  I will give second chances gladly.  This place in my book does not deserve a second chance.
     My advice to Fulin's of Cleveland, lower your prices and come up with some genuine dishes that people will enjoy.  Get better ventilation in the kitchen because no smell should be coming out like that in a place that serves humans.  I don't even want to know what it was but I feel lucky not to have gotten food poisoning.

Grade:
Price: $$  (not worth it, get take out)
Stars: 00 (I cannot in good conscience give this establishment any stars)
Service: 0% (Again I cannot even give this place a grade, the service was awful from door to table)
Overall Notes:  Bad Price, Bad Service, Bad Smell.  Go get take out instead save some money and taste buds.
http://www.fulins.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment