Sunday, December 22, 2013

Aubrey's Review, Cleveland TN "Living off the Creamed Spinach"

     Let's start off with a look into a family meal at Aubrey's in Cleveland, Tennessee.  I have heard such good things about this restaurant in Knoxville that I had to try the one in Cleveland.  
     I'm just going to get right on into the review.  I got a hamburger there which cost $14.00, now I could understand a $14 burger, or more if we were talking about Kobe or some sort of good beef but the burger not only had horrible flavor it also was very dry and so overcooked.  I paid an extra $3 for a salad which consisted of lettuce and a horrible dressing which seemed to be just mayonnaise and some dried dill. One of the people at the table ordered creamed spinach.  It was the best thing we ate.  Most of our food wasn't eaten on this trip but the creamed spinach got finished off by the whole group because we were so hungry.
     Everyone at our tables order was cooked wrong and when you're paying such a hefty price for a meal the least they could do is cook it right.  If you read my blog you know that not cooking the meat right is one of the biggest restaurant faux pas that I have.  This place was, I think so far the biggest disappointment in Cleveland because I had heard such great things.
     Normally I would review the interior of the restaurant, service and food but the food was so bad, I had to start off with it.  The restaurant was beautiful and at night I am sure there would be a lovely romantic ambience.  The atmosphere was very appealing.
     The service was bad and we got one round of drinks and we had different waitstaff the whole time, as if they didn't have different sections for their servers.  It took them half an hour just to get our order, and another hour to actually get our food. I am down for the slow food movement but this was just ridiculous because we were one of two groups of people in the almost empty restaurant.
     I just have to say that you can make your restaurant gorgeous and that's great but if you don't have the product or service to back up that beauty doesn't mean anything.
     Price ($$$ and up)
     Service:  10% Bad Service
     Over all Stars: * just one and they received the star only on atmosphere and creamed spinach, but one cannot survive on creamed spinach and pretty places.
http://www.aubreysrestaurant.com/aubreys/cleveland.html

No comments:

Post a Comment